Almond flour carrot cake muffins make a great gluten-free breakfast or snack. Make a batch on the weekend to grab and go during the busy week. If you like carrot cake you’ve got to try these!
What You Need to Make Almond Flour Carrot Cake Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour: Use almond flour, not almond meal. Almond flour has a finer texture so it will make fluffier muffins.
- 1.5 cups grated carrots. Grate the carrots using the smallest holes on the grater.
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice: I like using pumpkin pie spice since it’s a blend of spices, but you can replace it with just cinnamon if you prefer..
- ½ cup maple syrup: A natural sweetener.
- 3 eggs: I’ve learned through experimentation that almond flour requires more eggs than regular flour to keep baked goods held together.
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil: Almond flour naturally has fat in it so you don’t need to add much oil to make the muffins moist.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract: Adds flavor.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder: Make the muffins rise.
- ¼ teaspoon salt: Helps enhance the flavor.
These muffins are quick and easy to make. Start by whisking the wet ingredients and then stir in the dry ingredients until combined. This recipe will make 12 muffins, so evenly divide the batter into 12 muffin tins and bake 25 minutes at 350℉.
Storing Almond Flour Carrot Cake Muffins
Muffins can stay fresh up to 5 days if you store them in an airtight container (either at room temperature or in the fridge). Eat them at room temperature or pop one in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
More Almond Flour Muffin Recipes to Try
Almond Flour Carrot Cake Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or avocado oil or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups grated carrots
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Add the grated carrots and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board!