Almond flour muffins are great for a gluten-free and low FODMAP breakfast or snack. They also stay fresh for several days so you can bake on a batch on the weekend for the busy week. If you like cinnamon, and you’re looking for a gluten-free low FODMAP muffin, you’ll want to try making these almond flour cinnamon muffins.
What You Need to Make Almond Flour Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour: A great gluten-free baking flour. Almond flour is low FODMAP when it’s less than 1/4 cup per serving.
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon: An obvious necessity for cinnamon muffins.
- ⅓ cup maple syrup: A natural sweetener.
- 3 eggs: I’ve learned through experimentation that almond flour requires more eggs than regular flour to keep the muffins held together.
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil: Almond flour has fat in it so you don’t need to add much fat to make the muffins moist.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract: Adds flavor.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder: Make the muffins rise.
- ¼ teaspoon salt: Helps enhance the flavor.
These muffins are simple to make. Start by whisking the wet ingredients and then stir in the dry ingredients until combined. This recipe will make 10 muffins so evenly divide the batter into 10 muffin tins and bake 20 minutes at 350℉.
Storing Cinnamon Almond Flour Muffins
Muffins can stay fresh up to 5 days if you store them in an airtight container either at room temperature or in the fridge. Since they last several days, they’re good to prep ahead of time for breakfast or snacks during the workweek. You can pop one in the microwave for about 15 seconds if you want to warm it up before eating it.
More Almond Flour Muffin Recipes to Try
Gluten-Free Meal Plan
Want more gluten-free recipes? Get a FREE 3-day meal plan for gut health that includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes, and a grocery shopping list. Just sign up below!
Almond Flour Cinnamon Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into 10 muffin tins and bake for 22 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board!