If you want a healthy treat and are in the mood for something more fruity than chocolatey, make these almond flour lemon raspberry muffins.
I love to make a batch of muffins on the weekend to have them for a make-ahead breakfast or an afternoon snack during the week. Muffins are so fast and easy to make. You can even make them the night before for breakfast the next day. Just pop them in the microwave to heat them up in the morning.
Start by mixing together the wet ingredients: eggs, maple syrup, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
This recipe uses almond flour to make these muffins gluten-free. You want to use almond flour rather than almond meal. Trust me. It’s more expensive, but the finer texture will produce a lighter, fluffier muffin.
Mix together the wet and dry ingredients then gently fold the lemon zest and raspberries into the batter.
Since you are using the zest of the lemon, I would recommend using an organic lemon if possible. I’ll use regular lemons if I’m just using the juice, but given that you’ll be consuming the peel try to use organic.
If you don’t have fresh raspberries, frozen will work just fine. I’ve found that frozen raspberries don’t tend to “bleed” into the batter and turn it pink. Since fresh berries can be expensive, especially if they’re organic, I try to use frozen berries whenever I can. Although I prefer fresh berries if I’m snacking on them, I think that frozen berries work perfectly well in baking.
Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees. You want the muffin tops to look golden brown and you should be able to stick a toothpick in the center and have it come out clean.
Recipes for Gut Health
Get a FREE 3-day meal plan for gut health that includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes, and a grocery list. These recipes are gluten-free and packed with probiotic and prebiotic foods to support a healthy gut. Just sign up below!
More Almond Flour Muffin Recipes to Try
Almond Flour Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (can also use coconut or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or add 9 paper liners to the tins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Gently fold the lemon zest and raspberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown and you are able to insert a toothpick into the center and have it come out clean.
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board!