Almond flour sweet potato muffins are a great gluten-free option for breakfast or snack. They also work well for meal prepping since they can stay fresh for several days, so bake a batch on the weekend to have during the week. If you have some sweet potatoes that you need to use, try these almond flour muffins.
What You Need to Make Almond Flour Sweet Potato Muffins
- Almond flour: A great gluten-free baking option.
- Mashed sweet potatoes: Ideally use fresh sweet potatoes rather than canned. If you do use canned sweet potato puree make sure there is no added sugar.
- Maple syrup: A natural sweetener.
- Eggs: Binds the muffins held together.
- Coconut oil: Almond flour has fat in it so you don’t need to add much fat to make the muffins moist.
- Pure vanilla extract: Adds flavor.
- Cinnamon: Some extra flavor.
- Baking powder: Needed to make the muffins rise.
- Salt: Helps enhance the flavor.
Making the muffins is simple. Whisk the wet ingredients in one bowl then stir in the dry ingredients until combined. Evenly divide the batter into 12 muffin tins and bake 25 minutes at 350℉.
Storing Almond Flour Sweet Potato Muffins
Muffins can stay fresh up to 5 days if you store them in an airtight container either at room temperature or in the fridge. Since they can last several days, they’re good to prep ahead of time for breakfast or snacks during the week. Pop one in the microwave for about 20 seconds if you want to warm it up before eating it.
More Almond Flour Muffin Recipes to Try
High-Protein Recipes to Boost Your Metabolism
Get a FREE 3-day guide with high-protein meal ideas for getting 125 grams of protein per day. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes filled with high-protein and high-fiber meals to promote a healthy metabolism and sustainable weight loss! Sign up below to grab it.
Almond Flour Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 cup sweet potato (cooked and mashed)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sweet potato, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into 12 muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board!