Black bean and corn salad is filled with tons of fresh summer produce: corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, onion, and cilantro. All the veggies give it a variety of textures and flavors. Try this salad if you’re looking for a vegan side dish for a cookout or as part of a simple summer dinner outside.
How to Make Black Bean and Corn Salad
Start by cooking the corn. I like to cook it unshucked in the microwave for 4-5 minutes. However, you can use whatever cooking method you want – grilled, steamed, boiled, instant pot, etc. Then, set the corn aside to cool a bit. Cut off the corn kernels once it’s not too hot to handle.
While that corn cools, rinse and drain the black beans, and cut up all the other vegetables and add them to a large bowl
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
Make a simple vinaigrette by mixing extra-virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and garlic powder and add it to the vegetables.
Stir to combine and serve room temperature or cold. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
More Healthy Salad Recipes
Farro Salad with Roasted Vegetables
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 3 ears of corn
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped Can use fresh basil in place of some or all of the cilantro if you prefer.
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the ears of corn. I cook mine in the microwave, with the husk still on, for 4-5 minutes. If you prefer another method, you can cook the corn by boiling it, steaming it, or using an instant pot. Once the corn is cooked, cut the kernels off and set aside to cool a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the black beans, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, cucumber, red onion, and corn kernels.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and garlic powder. Stir to combine everything.
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board!