Oatmeal raisin cookie baked oatmeal is great for a make-ahead breakfast. Baked oatmeal has a much denser texture than oats that you make on the stovetop. You can cut it into squares and take it with you to the office for your breakfast or an afternoon snack. It’s also quick to prepare, so make a batch on the weekend and you have breakfast for the week! If you like oatmeal cookies, you’ll like the flavors in this baked oatmeal variation.
STEP ONE: WHISK THE WET INGREDIENTS TOGETHER
Start by whisking together the wet ingredients in a large bowl. For oatmeal raisin cookie baked oatmeal that includes:
- Unsweetened almond milk (you can also use any other unsweetened non-dairy milk or regular dairy milk)
- Vanilla extract
- Avocado oil (you can also use coconut oil or olive oil)
STEP TWO: ADD IN THE DRY INGREDIENTS
To minimize the number of bowls that you use, I like to mix the dry ingredients directly into the wet ingredients mixture.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Brown sugar
- Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
Stick to using old-fashioned oats. Quick-cooking oats don’t keep their shape well and may get mushy. Steel-cut oats may not cook enough and end up crunchy.
STEP THREE: BAKE IT AND STORE IT
Pour the batter into a baking dish and bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. The edges should be golden brown when it’s done.
Let the baked oatmeal cool before storing it. If you want to save it for breakfast or snacks later in the week, store it in an airtight container. It will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days. To make it an easy grab and go breakfast, store individual servings in small containers. When you’re ready to eat it, warm it up in the microwave or eat it at room temperature.
More Oatmeal Recipes to Try
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Baked Oatmeal
- 2.5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (can also use coconut oil)
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, and oil.
- Add the oats, brown sugar, raisins, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 35 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.