Sweet chili chicken is a quick and easy dinner. Sheet pan meals are great weeknight meals. Just toss some protein and veggies in a sauce, bake it on a sheet pan, and you have dinner in about 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Sweet Chili Chicken
- Sweet chili sauce
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- Cubed chicken breast or thigh. Chicken thighs tend to be moister when you bake them since they have more fat than chicken breast (they’re also cheaper).
- Sliced bell pepper (any color)
- Broccoli florets
- Garlic cloves
- Scallions (optional)
What is Sweet Chili Sauce?
Sweet chili sauce is a condiment made with red chili peppers, rice wine vinegar, garlic, sugar, and sometimes a bit of fish sauce. It’s traditionally used in Thai cuisine and makes a good dipping sauce, marinade, or ingredient in a stir-fry sauce.
How To Build a Sheet Pan Meal
Sheet pan meals are an easy way to make a quick nutritious dinner on a busy night. This type of dish is very versatile giving you endless options to use whatever veggies, protein, starch, and seasonings you have. Follow this formula for making a healthy sheet pan meal.
- Preheat the oven to 425℉
- Choose a vegetable and/or starch for the list here.
- Toss the ingredients in a bit of oil (coconut, avocado, or olive oil) and add any salt and seasonings you would like.
- Spread everything evenly on the baking sheet and cook. Estimated cooking times can be found in this guide on building a sheet pan meal.
More Easy Dinner Recipes to Try
Sweet Chili Chicken Sheet Pan Meal
- 1.25 pounds chicken breast or thigh, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- (optional) scallions for garnish
- (optional) red chili flakes for extra heat
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and minced garlic.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Toss the chicken and vegetables with the sauce in a large bowl then evenly spread the chicken and vegetables on a baking sheet with a high rim.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and red pepper flakes if desired.