Vegetarian crustless quiche is a simple and healthy make-ahead breakfast filled with veggies and protein. It will even last several days in the fridge so you can make it as part of your weekend meal prep to eat on some busy weekday mornings.
Vegetarian Crustless Quiche Variations
One of the best features of this dish is it’s so versatile. You can use any veggie or type of cheese that you have on hand so it’s a good meal for using up vegetables in the fridge that are about to go bad.
Here are some ideas for variations that you can make to the recipe.
Use DIfferent Vegetables
Almost any vegetable will work in a crustless quiche. Try one of the options below if you don’t have or don’t want to use tomatoes and spinach. For many vegetables, you’ll want to cook them a bit before adding them to the egg mixture to ensure that they are completely cooked. You don’t need to cook the tomatoes and spinach in the original recipe because these vegetables cook very quickly so the time in the oven is sufficient.
- Chopped kale, swiss chard, or arugula
- Chopped bell peppers, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, red or yellow onion (cook before adding to the egg mixture)
- Peeled and diced sweet potatoes (cook until they start to soften before adding to the egg mixture)
Use Different Cheese
Any type of crumbled or grated cheese will work.
- Grated swiss cheese
- Crumbled feta
- Goat cheese
- Grated gruyere
Add Some Herbs
Herbs will really change the flavor. Add 1 teaspoon of dried herbs or ¼-⅓ cup of fresh herbs.
- Pinch of cayenne (if you want some heat)
More Breakfast Recipes to Try
Vegetarian Crustless Quiche
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and almond milk. Add the tomatoes, spinach, cheese, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into a pie dish or 8x8 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes until the center is set.