Vegetarian crustless quiche is a low FODMAP make-ahead breakfast filled with veggies and protein. It will even last several days in the fridge so you can make it as part of your weekend meal prep to eat on some busy weekday mornings.
Low FODMAP Crustless Quiche Variations
Eggs are an easy low FODMAP food to use for breakfast. One of the best features of this dish is it’s so versatile. You can use any low FODMAP vegetable or low FODMAP cheese that you have on hand so it’s a good meal for using up vegetables in the fridge that are about to go bad.
Here are some ideas for variations that you can make to the recipe.
Use DIfferent low FODMAP Vegetables
Almost any vegetable will work in a crustless quiche. Try one of the low FODMAP options below if you don’t want to use tomatoes and spinach. For many vegetables, you’ll want to cook them a bit before adding them to the egg mixture to ensure that they are completely cooked. You don’t need to cook the tomatoes and spinach in the original recipe because these vegetables cook very quickly so the time in the oven is sufficient.
- Low FODMAP greens: chopped kale, swiss chard, or arugula
- Low FODMAP vegetables: chopped red bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, eggplant
- Peeled and diced sweet potatoes (up to 1/2 cup per serving) or white potatoes. Cook until they start to soften before adding to the egg mixture.
Use Different low FODMAP Cheese
Hard cheeses are considered low FODMAP because they are low in lactose. Instead of cheddar cheese, grate or crumble one of these low FODMAP cheeses.
- Swiss cheese
- Monterey Jack
Add Some Herbs
Herbs are low FODMAP and can really change the flavor of your quiche. Use 1 teaspoon of dried herbs or ¼-⅓ cup of fresh herbs.
- Pinch of cayenne (if you want some heat)
More Low FODMAP Recipes to Try
Almond Flour Carrot Cake Muffins
Low FODMAP Ground Beef Picadillo
Vegetarian Crustless Quiche
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and almond milk. Add the tomatoes, spinach, cheese, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into a pie dish or 8x8 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes until the center is set.
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board!