Thai Red Curry with Chicken and Vegetables
In this Thai red curry dish, chicken and vegetables are simmered in a creamy red curry coconut milk sauce. This healthy one pot Thai dish is ready in 30 minutes, perfect for an easy weeknight meal.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2-4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 8 oz. green beans, cut in half (~2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced, then half the slices
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 13.5 oz. can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (use tamari for gluten-free option)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook 5 minutes until softened.
Add the garlic and ginger and saute 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add the curry paste. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
Turn the heat up to high until the sauce starts to simmer and then reduce the heat to medium.
Add the chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure it is cooking evenly.
Add the green beans and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the lime juice. Serve with rice.