Ground Beef and Cabbage Stir-Fry Recipe
A quick and easy stir-fry meal with ground beef, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, and scallions. Seasoned with sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 12 ounce bag of coleslaw mix (shredded green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (use tamari if you can't have wheat; uses coconut aminos if you can't have soy)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, more if you like it spicy
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, more to taste
- chopped scallions for garnish (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook for 7-9 minutes until browned.
Add the garlic and ginger, cook 1-2 minutes.
Add the coleslaw mix and soy sauce mixture to the skillet and cook 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cabbage is softened.
Garnish with chopped scallions.