Ground Beef and Sweet Potato Skillet
This ground beef and sweet potato skillet dish is a fantastic quick weeknight dinner. Made with ground beef, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, curry powder, tomatoes, and peas. Try it for a quick and healthy meal or as part of your weekly meal prep.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp cooking oil (olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until the onion softens and starts to get translucent.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
Add the ground beef and cook 8-10 minutes until it's browned.
Add the curry powder, diced tomatoes with their juice, sweet potato chunks, and 1/2 cup of water. Stir to combine and then simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
Add the frozen green peas and cook 2 minutes until they are warmed.