Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad
Healthy (no mayo) tuna pasta salad tossed in a homemade vinaigrette. Great for a make-ahead work lunch or quick dinner.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 8 oz. dried whole wheat fusilli pasta Can also use any other small shaped pasta.
- 2 5 oz. cans of tuna, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 2.5 oz. can of sliced black olives, drained
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
Boil water in a large pot and cook that pasta for 7-9 minutes. Rinse it in a colander under cold water and then let it drain.
While the pasta cooks, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, oregano, and salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, add the drained pasta, tuna (break it into chunks first), tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and olives. Pour the dressing over the pasta and vegetables and toss to combine everything.