Yellow Curry with Vegetables and Potatoes
Creamy yellow curry dish made with coconut milk, onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, spinach, and potatoes.
- 2 tsps olive oil (or avocado oil or coconut oil)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 13.5 oz. can of regular coconut milk
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 medium Yukon potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until they become translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, and curry powder and stir for about 30 seconds.
Add the coconut milk, water, tomatoes, and potatoes. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet and cook for 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
Add the spinach and stir until it wilts. Season with salt to taste.