Quinoa Vegetable Bean Stew
Gluten-free quinoa vegetable bean stew made with onions, carrots, celery, garlic, spinach, tomatoes, and kidney beans. A filling and nutritious meal great for meal prep or a quick and easy dinner.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well in a fine-mesh strainer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 oz. can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 3 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Cook the onion 3 minutes until softened. Add celery, carrots, and garlic and cook another 8 minutes until softened.
Add the quinoa, paprika, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, broth, and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, cover partially and cook for 30 minutes.
Add the beans and spinach and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice.