Tropical Granola Recipe
Healthy tropical granola made with rolled oats, coconut oil, coconut flakes, almond, banana, dried pineapple, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. A quick and easy meal prep breakfast. Recipe yields about 3.5 cups.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple, chopped (or dried mango or any other dried tropical fruit)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (or coconut flakes)
Preheat oven to 350 ℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone baking sheet.
In a large bowl, whisk the mashed banana, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Add the oats, almonds, and salt and mix until all the oats are coated.
Pour the oats onto the baking sheet and evenly spread them out into a thin layer with a spatula. Bake for 18 minutes.
Let it cool untouched for 30 minutes so it can harden. Then use a spatula to break it up into pieces and toss in the coconut flakes and dried pineapple.