Greek Quinoa Salad
Greek Quinoa Salad made with quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, olives, and a Greek salad dressing. This vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free meal is perfect for a light healthy lunch or dinner.
- 3 cup cooked quinoa, chilled (use about 3/4 cup dried quinoa to make this amount)
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, more to taste
Cook the quinoa according to package direction. Once the quinoa has cooled a bit, put in the fridge to chill.
Chop the cucumber, tomatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, and kalamata olives.
Make the salad dressing: add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake to combine everything well. If you don't have a jar, whisk everything in a medium-sized bowl.
In a large bowl, add the chopped veggies to the quinoa. Pour the salad dressing over the quinoa and veggies and gently mix everything until well combined.