Low FODMAP Tuna Cakes Recipe
Low FODMAP gluten-free tuna cakes made with canned tuna, almond flour, parsley, lemon juice, and spices. A quick and easy dinner!
- 2 5 oz. cans of tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 3 scallions (green parts only) thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- zest and juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or any cooking oil)
In a large bowl, mix together the tuna, almond flour, egg, scallion green tops, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. To make the tuna cakes, scoop out about ⅓ of the mixture and make a patty shape with your hands.
Add the patties to the oil and cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Cover the pan with a splatter screen if you have one to minimize oil splatter.