Vegan Tofu Tikka Masala Recipe
Tofu tikka masala is a delicious vegan curry made with coconut milk, tomatoes, garam masala, and other spices. Serve with brown rice for a healthy and hearty meal.
- 16 oz. extra-firm tofu (pressed and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or avocado oil or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 14 oz. can of coconut milk (full-fat)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (or chili powder)
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach
Heat coconut oil in a heavy bottom pot or large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and cook 30 seconds.
Add diced tomatoes, coconut milk, garam masala, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt. Stir to combine then simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat, let it cool slightly and then blend the sauce by transferring it to a blender or using an immersion stick blender.
Pour the sauce back into the pan and add the tofu cubes then simmer for 10 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until wilted.