Black Bean and Corn Salad
Black bean and corn salad made with fresh corn, black beans, bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and a simple vinaigrette. It's a healthy side dish filled with summer produce.
- 3 ears of corn
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped Can use fresh basil in place of some or all of the cilantro if you prefer.
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Cook the ears of corn. I cook mine in the microwave, with the husk still on, for 4-5 minutes. If you prefer another method, you can cook the corn by boiling it, steaming it, or using an instant pot. Once the corn is cooked, cut the kernels off and set aside to cool a few minutes.
In a large bowl, add the black beans, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, cucumber, red onion, and corn kernels.
Add the olive oil, salt, and garlic powder. Stir to combine everything.